Most small business owners don’t need the distracting bells and whistles that many web designers charge big bucks for.*
You Need a Website That:
- Looks professional
- Matches your business logo or colors/industry
- Has the information your customers need
- Helps your business get found on the web with basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization – using words on the site in ways that help search engines deliver your site as the answer to a search)
- Includes easy-to-use social sharing options
- Comes with training on how to update it yourself (or a staff member), so you have control of your own site.
- Gives you ownership and access to your domain name, hosting account and website software, even if you think you’ll never need it. Not all web designers give you this information/access and it can open the door to legal and professional complications, and even the loss of your site.
- Costs $500 to $1000 for a simple website that works.
Some websites are more complex and may need special attention. If you need more customization, I bring in a partner with specific skills to handle these needs.
*Did you know: Some of the extras many designers charge for are really pretty simple to do and simply aren’t worth the high fees.
Why Keep It Simple Web Design?
I’m Cathy Larkin, a 20 year Public Relations professional, who has a knack for combining PR & marketing with website design. In addition to my design skills, I have PR & marketing experience that most designers just don’t have. I’ve been creating websites for clients since 2008 as a part of what I do at Web Savvy PR (my PR & social media consulting business; if you want to see my experience click to see my LinkedIn page). But I recently decided to focus a segment of my business to fill the need I’ve seen.
I have found a real need among my clients and prospects recently for simple, affordable websites for small businesses. I enjoy helping small businesses find their voice and place on the internet. This is where my PR background shines. Some of my social media & PR clients are struggling with poorly designed or over-priced sites that don’t work well. Other clients don’t have a site at all. So I am focusing a part of my business on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs create low-cost, simple web designs to effectively brand and grow their business.
I also have the knack for explaining technology in simple to understand ways. I understand “geek speak,” but I translate fluently into plain English.