Most small business owners, and most non-profits, don’t need the distracting bells and whistles that many web designers charge big bucks for.
You Need a Website That:
- Looks professional
- Matches your business logo or colors/industry
- Has the information your customers need
- Helps your business get found on the web with basic SEO (One part of Search Engine Optimization is using carefully selected words on the site, and site structure, in ways that help search engines deliver your site as the answer to a search)
- Includes easy-to-use social sharing options
- Gives you ownership and access to your domain name, hosting account and website software, even if you think you’ll never need it. Not all web designers give you this information/access and it can open the door to legal and professional complications, and even the loss of your site.
- What most folks need is simple website that works.
Some websites are more complex and may need special attention. We can customize it to what your organization truly needs.
Why Keep It Simple Web Design?
I’m Cat Larkin, a 15 plus year Public Relations professional, who has a knack for combining PR & marketing with website design. In addition to my design skills, I have PR & marketing experience that most designers just don’t have. I’ve been creating websites for clients since 2008 as a part of what I do at Web Savvy PR (my PR & social media consulting business; if you want to see my experience click to see my LinkedIn page). But in 2013 I hung out my web design shingle.
I have found a real need among my clients and prospects recently for simple, affordable websites for small businesses. I enjoy helping small businesses find their voice and place on the internet. This is where my PR background shines. Some of my social media & PR clients are struggling with poorly designed or over-priced sites that don’t work well. Other clients don’t have a site at all. So I am focusing me web design business on helping small business owners, entrepreneurs & non-profits create simple web designs to effectively brand and grow their business.
I also have the knack for explaining technology in simple to understand ways. I understand “geek speak,” but I translate fluently into plain English.